Monday, March 4, 2013

 

 

2.7.12 ~ In the beginning…

In the beginning actually requires me to think much farther back than I find comfortable. As with most things, however, it is the discomfort that “inspires” change or movement or perhaps just a silent scream.
My venture into the soapmaking sphere is definitely a new beginning for me. The inspiration for the name was an event that occured over fifty years ago. Ouch! Now that statement made me scream in my brain really, really loud. Well, that’s another story for another day.
My desire to begin the Gypsy Bee Natural Soap Company surprised me AND inspired me. As a gal who appreciates adventure and challenge I embraced the idea of creating and marketing and sharing with others what I produce.
My DREAM is to share more than unique and healthful products. My passion is to offer hope, compassion, humor and faith to anyone who has had pebbles in their boots, scratches on their knees and bruises to their egos. Just maybe my bumps and bruises can inspire others in their journey be it on a professional, personal or spiritual level. So, I guess the soap is my ride.
Gypsy Bee does produce an exceptional quality in all lines of body products. And, yes, I do handmake my small batches of soaps and butters and soaks in my mountain home kitchen. My hives of bees that graciously tolerate me as their caretaker lovingly provide the honey that goes in each and every product I produce. I intentionally process each and every step with anticipation. What plants can I introduce on the farm that will promote more honey production? What are the optimal amounts of honey that will moisturize and heal in the soaps and butters? Just how much of my stumbles in life should I share? Lots to consider.
I so much hope to hear from friends with tenure and those I just haven’t had the opportunity to meet…yet.
Bees are a family. They are wise creatures and even wiser teachers. I hope to learn valuable lessons on this new journey and invite you to share it with me.
~ Sherrye

No comments:

Post a Comment